Kids Marathon start time 9am at Memorial Park in Payson
Packet pick up starts @7:30am
Students at Meadow Brook, Rees, Sierra Bonita and Maple Ridge will have packets sent home from school the week of the race
Race Celebration and after party 9:30-11:30am
The school with the most participants will be awarded a trophy at the awards ceremony
The purpose of the kids marathon program is to teach students the benefits of an active lifestyle, help students incorporate fitness into their daily/weekly routine, teach students about goal setting, and have students feel a sense of accomplishment as they complete the marathon distance (26.2 miles) and receive a finisher medal.
- In January the school will hold a “kick off” assembly. Students will learn the purposes of the marathon program as stated above.
- From January until May 10, students will track their mileage at school. Teachers will create a running plan that works best with their class schedule. Students can run daily or a couple of times per week. One lap around the exterior of most schools is ¼ mile. 100 laps equals 25 miles.
- On May 11 students will come together at Memorial Park in Payson to complete the final 1.2 miles of the marathon distance. Each student will receive a marathon finisher medal. The final 1.2 mile run is part of the Payson Canyon Half Marathon, 5k and Kids Marathon.
- Students must register for the final event to receive a finisher medal. The cost is $15 for the Kids Marathon.
- A limited number of scholarships are available to cover the registration fee for students who cannot afford to pay.
- A trophy will be awarded to the school with the most participants at the final event.
- A portion of the proceeds from this race will go to the Nebo Foundation.
If we aren’t at your school, send us an invite for Kids Marathon program at: firstname.lastname@example.org